Proud parent, writer, theatre- maker and creative producer working across disciplines in the arts, community development, youth work, education, social justice and social enterprise.
A daughter of regional Australia, committed to connecting, nurturing and inspiring young people and emerging artists.
Award winning, intrapreneurial, and futures focused.
2022 Arts South Australia Ruby Award: Outstanding Regional Event or Project for No Limits: Young Regional Writers
2017 Arts South Australia Geoff Crowhurst Memorial Ruby Award Recipient
2015 Australia Council Kirk Robson Award Recipient
2014 Channel 9 Young Achiever Coffee Club Arts Award Recipient
2013 Brand SA Dr+ Group Regional Arts Award, Riverland and Mallee Recipient
2011 Advantage SA Award, Nominee in Youth & Arts Categories
2011 South Australian Young Citizen of the Year Recipient
2011 Berri Barmera Young Citizen of the Year Recipient
Theatre Network Australia
National Association of Visual Arts
Youth Affairs Council of South Australia
Arts Industry Council of South Australia
2021 Artlands Panel “Am I too old to be here?”
2020 National Young Writers Festival Panel “Racous Regions”
2019 IETM Panel, “If funders wanted to support artists what could they do?”
2018, Rotary Youth Leadership Program, Keynote Speaker
2017 Noise Interchange Singapore, Guest Presenter
2015, Youth Parliament 20th Anniversary, Keynote Speaker
2009 & 2013, Flinders University Leadership Program
2011, Queens Birthday Guest Speaker, Government House SA
2011 Joe Dix Memorial Lecture
Outback Theatre for Young People, Board Member (2019 – Present)
Renmark High School Governing Council, Member (2021)
Berri District Youth Club, President (2010 – 2013)
Riverland Youth Theatre, Board Member (2009 – 2011)
Bachelor of Creative Writing with Distinction, Deakin University (2019 – 2022)
Graduate Certificate Creative Business, Compton School & University of Canberra (2022)
Cert IV Celebrancy (2022)
Cert IV Youth Work (2011)
Bachelor of Teaching & Learning/Bachelor of Arts, Charles Darwin University (2008 – 2019) discontinued
Bachelor of Arts (Acting), Ballarat Academy of Performing Arts (Federation University) (2006) discontinued
Senior First Aid
Youth Mental Health First Aid
Trauma Informed Care
Applied Suicide Intervention
Accidental Counsellor Training
Fire Warden Training
Responsible Service of Alcohol
Cultural Awareness Training
LGBTQIA+ Safe Schools Training
COMMUNITY & DIGITAL ARTIST
RIVERLAND YOUTH THEATRE
Coordinating and delivering Home Turf program. Leading digital capacity building and digital outreach. Dreaming up ambitious new projects.
STATEWIDE PROGRAM MANAGER & REGIONAL COORDINATOR
May 2021-December 2022
Managing three direct reports, team of casuals and contracted presenters/artists for statewide quarterly program. Manager of No Limits: Young Regional Writers program, awarded 2022 Arts South Australia Ruby Award for Outstanding Regional Event or Project
Writer, theatre-maker, youth arts worker, curator, speaker, creative producer & community organiser.
- Writer, Guthrak for Under the Microscope Theatre, premiering at the 2023 dreamBIG Children’s Festival with triennial funding from Arts South Australia.
- Writer, Constellation for Illuminart, 2022.
- Recipient, National Regional Arts Fellowship, 2021.
- Writer, The Riverland of Rax, for Come to Where I Am Australia, produced by Critical Stages (AUS) and Paines Plough (UK), 2020.
- Writer, DEV, for State Theatre Company of South Australia and ActNow Theatre’s Decameron 2.0.
- Producer & Art Director, Letters of the Riverland, projection commissioned by Berri Barmera Council, 2020.
- Founder and CEO, Part of Things, August 2019 – present.
- Board member, Outback Theatre for Young People, 2019 – present.
July 2013-October 2020
Creative Producer Regional Youth, a joint statewide role with Carclew and Country Arts SA (Sep 2017 – Oct 2020). Dedicated to nurturing creative pathways for regional young people aged 14-26.
- I Feel Like Writing (2020)
- Writing Place (2019) – a residency for emerging regional playwrights – including the publication of This Was Urgent Yesterday (2020) with Currency Press.
- Art Squad (2018 – 2020) – a two year mentoring & development program for nine young regional creatives
Creative Producer of ExpressWay Arts, a joint initiative of Carclew and City of Onkaparinga (July 2013 – Sep 2017). Dedicated to nurturing creative outcomes with/by young people aged 12-26 in the southern suburbs of Adelaide.
- Audio-theatre work The Third Place
- Losing Faith in Unicorns as part of the 2017 dreamBIG Children’s Festival (finalist for 2017 Ruby Award).
- Run Zombie, Run one of two finalists for the 2015 Arts South Australia Ruby Award for community impact under $100k.
ARTS & CULTURAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
COUNTRY ARTS SA
May 2012-June 2013
Serving and supporting the Riverland & Mallee communities.
- Supporting artists and local groups to access professional development and develop regional arts projects & outcomes.
- Advocating for the importance of arts experiences with local governments, businesses and organisations.
- Managing the River Lands Gallery & curating the Chaffey Theatre Foyer Gallery Space.
GRADUATE CERT. CREATIVE BUSINESS
COMPTON SCHOOL & UNIVERSITY OF CANBERRA
Units: Finance for Creative Businesses, Innovation Toolbox, Creative Decision Making & Entrepreneurship. Peer cohort included individuals working in senior positions across Australia in film, TV, visual arts, youth arts and regional arts.
10week program included access to volunteer coaches and mentors to tap into wisdom on pitching, financial modelling, social enterprise, cooperative models and a host of other bits. The program culminated in a pitch night for all participating groups, I was the presenter for my group and we were awarded the Catherine Award for raising the most money and customers during the pitch event.
12month business program covering finance, HR, marketing, and other elements of owning and operating a business.
AUSTRALIAN RURAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
AUSTRALIAN RURAL LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION
Australian Rural Leadership Foundation’s flagship 15month leadership program. Alumna of Course 23 with $55k scholarship from Australia Council.
YOUNG SOCIAL PIONEERS
FOUNDATION FOR YOUNG AUSTRALIANS
Australia’s premier incubator designed to exclusively support young people leading initiatives that respond to society’s most pressing challenges, either through advocacy, community organising or business.
- National Cultural Policy Launch (2023)
- Artlands (2021)
- Australian Performing Arts Exchange, First Timer Program (2021)
- IETM Spring Plenary Hull, UK (2019)
- PAX, Melbourne (2019)
- Noise Interchange, Singapore (2017)
- Australian Theatre Forums (2011, 2013, 2015 & 2017)
- National Regional Arts Conference (2004, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2021) Watershed: National Theatre Summit for Young & Emerging Artists (2013), delegate + steering committee member
- Commonwealth Youth Forum as part of CHOGM, Perth (2011)
- Brightest Young Minds Summit (2010)
HERO COORDINATOR & COMMUNITY AWARENESS OFFICER
September 2020-November 2022
Attracted over $45k of arts funding to mental health service to work with young people in the Riverland community to develop skills in arts & health practice and present community outcomes, including the inaugural Riverland Pride March (August 2021), and Stories Between Time (April – June 2021) which brought together non- Aboriginal young
AUSTRALIAN BUREAU OF STATISTICS
Overland Corner region. Interviews with residents, distribution and collection of forms.
SENIOR SCHOOL SUPPORT OFFICER
RENMARK HIGH SCHOOL
One on one support for disengaged and at risk students – in particular those “flying under the radar”.
CASUAL FRONT OF HOUSE, USHER, BAR ATTENDANT
Live shows, film screenings and community events.
I’m available for new projects. Drop me a line, and let’s create something new.